What areas does the Cordova Recreation and Park District serve?

The Cordova Recreation and Park District encompasses not only the City of Rancho Cordova, but also many of the unincorporated areas of Sacramento County including Rosemont, Larchmont, Gold River and Mather. Our boundaries are listed below:

Northern Boundary
A portion of Highway 50 from Prairie City Road to Nimbus Dam; then following the American River to the Watt Avenue Bridge.

Western Boundary
Sacramento City Limits to Fruitridge Road.

Southern Boundary
Fruitridge Road and its extension to Bradshaw Road; then south to Morrison Creek to the southerly boundary of the Rancho Arroyo Sports Center; then north to Jackson Highway; following Jackson Highway east to Grant Line Road.

Eastern Boundary
Grant Line Road and Prairie City Road on the east to Highway 50.

How was the Cordova Recreation and Park District (CRPD) established?

Cordova Recreation and Park District (CRPD) was formed in 1958 to provide parks and recreation services to the residents of the Rancho Cordova area. The functions of the District were to develop and monitor the budget, carry out the policies of the Board, and oversee the daily operations of the District. A resolution was adopted in the fall of 1959 annexing additional territory in accordance with boundary recommendations of the County.

Are you affiliated of the City of Rancho Cordova?

The Cordova Recreation and Park District is an independent, special district agency. We are a separate entity from the City of Rancho Cordova; however, because our boundaries cover such a large area, we do work in partnership with the City of Rancho Cordova, the County of Sacramento, and the Cordova Community Council as well as the Folsom Cordova, San Juan, Sacramento, and Elk Grove Unified School Districts. Our District is guided by an independently elected, five-member Board of Directors.

What other community organizations do you work with?

Because CRPD’s boundaries cover such a large area, we are in a unique position to work with a variety of organizations not only in Rancho Cordova but in other areas of Sacramento County. Currently we work in partnership with the City of Rancho Cordova, the County of Sacramento, and the Cordova Community Council as well as the Folsom Cordova, San Juan, Sacramento, and Elk Grove Unified School Districts. We also work closely with several community associations and other local government agencies. Some organizations we work with are located in our parks; the Sacramento Valley Live Steamers Railroad Museum and the Hagan Park Rescue Barn are two examples. For more information about these great, family friendly attractions please click here.

What is your Tax ID Number?

CRPD's tax id # is 94-6000529.

How can I subscribe to get the latest information?

CRPD sends out a monthly e-newsletter which has the latest information about upcoming programs, events and district information. You can subscribe to the e-newsletter by clicking here. You are able to opt out of receiving these newsletters at any time.

Who can I contact regarding ADA compliance in your parks, facilities and programs?

Andrea White, the Resource Manager, is our ADA Compliance Coordinator. She can be contacted via email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or via 916-842-3300.

Board of Directors


When does the CRPD Board of Directors meet?

Regular Board meetings are scheduled the 3rd Wednesday of each month. Meetings start at 6:30 p.m. and are held at Council Chambers on the 1st floor of the Rancho Cordova City Hall Building located at 2729 Prospect Park Drive, Rancho Cordova unless otherwise noted on the agenda. Board Meetings are open to the public, and the community is encouraged to attend. Copies of the agenda are available online or may be obtained from the District Office located at 2729 Prospect Park Drive, Suite 230, Rancho Cordova.

How can I communicate a matter to the CRPD Board of Directors?

Communication from the public is encouraged. The Board of Directors may receive emails on issues not requiring policy action. Contact information is located on the Board of Directors page on this website. To place an item on the agenda, a written request must be submitted to the Clerk of the Board by 5:00 p.m. on the Monday 2 weeks prior to the meeting. At any Board Meeting, members of the public are given the opportunity to comment on any topic within the District’s jurisdiction; however, state law prohibits the Board from addressing any items not previously included on the agenda.

Parks and Recreation


Do I have to reserve space or have a special permit to conduct business (not affiliated with CRPD) on CRPD property?

A permit is required for any business conducted on CRPD property and for all continued regular use of CRPD parks. For those wishing to utilize a portion of space in a CRPD park for commercial and/or regular, ongoing use (i.e. boot camps, fitness classes, etc.), please complete the commercial use application and submit for consideration. Requirements, fees, information and where to remit are listed on the application. Click here to down the Commercial Use Application.

Do I have to reserve space at neighborhood parks for picnics and parties?

Neighborhood park use is on a first-come, first-serve basis. There are certain parks that require advanced reservation of picnic areas. Reservations need to be made no less than 4 business days prior to the reservation date. Most pavilion and covered picnic areas also require advanced reservation. You can inquiry about a space or reserve a picnic area by calling (916) 842-3300.

Does CRPD have a dog park?

CRPD currently operates one dog park. It is located inside Hagan Park past the kiosk area. The dog park features off-leash run areas, doggy drinking fountains, and other special canine amenities. While all other CRPD parks are dog-friendly, our four-legged friends must be kept on a leash at all other park sites. Dog owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dog at all of our facilities. At this time, CRPD is not providing doggie clean up bags, so owners will need to come to the park with a baggie for waste removal.

How can I register for a class?

There are four ways you can register for classes.

  • Internet Registration 24 hours a day, 7 days a week Visa & Mastercard payments only
  • Walk-in Registration (4 locations to choose from) Visa, Mastercard, cash or check
    CRPD District Office 2729 Prospect Park Drive, Ste 230, Rancho Cordova Monday-Thursday 8am - 5pm
    Hagan Community Center 2197 Chase Dr, Rancho Cordova Monday-Friday 830am - 530pm
    Neil Orchard Senior Activities Center 3480 Routier Rd, Sacramento Monday-Friday 730am-430pm OR
    Mather Sports Center 3755 Schriever Ave, Mather Monday-Friday 800am-1000pm
  • Phone Registration Visa & Mastercard payments only Call 916-369-9844 or 916-842-3300 Monday-Thursday 8am - 5pm
  • Fax Registration 24 hours a day, 7 days a week Visa & Mastercard payments only Fax us at 916-362-9602

If a class is canceled by CRPD, participants have the option to receive a full refund, transfer to another course, or apply their money as “CRPD credit” to expire one year from the date the class is canceled. If the participant requests the refund, CRPD must be notified a minimum of 48 hours prior to the first class, unless otherwise noted. You can call or visit any one of our 4 centers (CRPD District Office, Riverview Community Center, Cordova Senior Activities Center, or Mather Sports Center) to request a refund. However, failure to attend a class or “no shows” will not be granted a refund. Cordova Recreation and Park District reserves the right to cancel, combine or divide classes; change time, date or place of classes; instructor; or make other changes necessary. If CRPD cancels a class due to low enrollment, a full refund is issued. Sign-up early to help avoid cancellations. If you are unsatisfied with a class and notify CRPD within 24 hours of the first class meeting, you may be eligible for a refund.

How do I become a contract class instructor with CRPD?

If you have expertise in any of the program areas listed below or have an idea for a class not currently offered, please contact Diane Robinson at 916-842-3300 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . For more information about becoming an instructor with us, please download the 2016 Contract Instructor Handbook. CRPD accepts new instructor proposals throughout the year.

To meet the wants of our diverse community members, we are looking to expand our youth, teen and adult programming at the Hagan Community Center, White Rock Community Clubhouse and a variety of our parks and schools with the following programs

  • Pilates for Adults
  • Arts and Crafts for all ages
  • Cooking Class for all ages
  • Life and Leadership Skills for teens
  • Language Learning
  • Tap or Salsa Dance classes for all ages

Does CRPD offer family friendly special events throughout the year?

Every year we have our big spring and fall events as well as working in partnership with the Cordova Community Council for a series of summer events. The Neil Orchard Senior Activities Center also offers a holiday event in December. For a full calendar of events and activities, please click here.

Does CRPD have a senior center?

Yes, we do. The Neil Orchard Senior Activities Center is located in Lincoln Village Park at 3480 Routier Rd, Sacramento. It is open 5 days a week, Monday-Friday 7:30AM to 4:30PM. They offer a variety of classes and activities including Zumba Gold, Ceramics, Arts and Crafts, Bingo, Meals on Wheels lunches, access to a library of books, weekly sing-a-longs, monthly birthday parties and group games such as Pinochle and Bridge. For more information, call (916) 366-3133 or visit their page here.

Does CRPD offer seasonal day camps?

Cordova Recreation and Park District offers seasonal day camps during all major school breaks (Winter, Spring and Summer). The majority of the camps run during the summer months between June and August. Most day camp programs are held Monday-Friday 7am-6pm. We do offer discounts for families signing up for multiple sessions at one time or those with multiple children for certain camps. Camps are typically split into three age groups: 5&6, 7&8, 9-11 and 12-15 during the summer months. For more information please visit the Camps page.

Does CRPD have any public pools?

Yes, we do. CRPD currently operates 3 public pools during the summer. Cordova Community Pool 2197 Chase Drive 369-9840; Lincoln Village Pool 3480 Routier Road 363-0634; Rosemont High School Pool 9594 Kiefer Blvd., Sacramento. The pools are typically open Memorial Day weekend in May through Labor Day weekend in September each year, but hours and dates vary by location. A $2 entry fee is charged for all ages, swimmers and guardians or Punch cards can be purchased as a more convenient and cost effective way to enjoy our pools during public and/or lap swim times. Family members and friends can use the same card, which can be purchased at the pools during operating hours. Punch cards cost only $15 for 10 punches.

How do I get on the mailing list for the Recreation guide?

To place your family on the mailing list to receive the bi-annual Recreation Guide, please call one of our registration offices at (916) 842-3300 and a customer service representative will assist you in setting up an account. Remember to ask for your family login and password so you can register for programs online. Our recreation guides can also be viewed online here.

Is alcohol allowed in the parks?

Alcoholic beverages are illegal to have in our parks; however, when a picnic site has been reserved in advanced, you may receive permission to serve it. Our policy states that it shall be unlawful for any person or organization to sell, or cause to be sold alcoholic beverages without written permission from the District Administrator.



How often are restrooms in the parks cleaned?

Daily or as needed when reserved.

How often are the parks and facilities inspected?

We have personnel in all parks on a daily basis. We have maintenance crews in all parks on a weekly basis. We have management personnel inspect all facilities and parks on a monthly basis.

How often is the grass mowed in the parks?

During the growing season from April through October, the parks are mowed weekly. In the off season, the mow schedule varies based on weather and other conditions. Click here for the Mowing Schedule.

Who do I contact if I see graffiti, vandalism, or needed repairs at one the CRPD parks or facilities?

You can contact the District Office at (916) 842-3300, the Hagan Community Center at (916) 369-9844, or our Park Services Department at (916) 369-9844 or via our website by clicking here to report issues with graffiti, vandalism or needed repairs at any of our parks and facilities.